Generally people save money, respect, value and other thing for post retirement life. So that they can live the post retirement phase of life peacefully and happily.
At the retirement period, the scenario of peaceful & dignified life has been made joke for CJI Ranjan Gogoi.
CJI Gogoi has reached to an age of 64, and throughout his life, he has a respectful presence in society. He has performed his role as Judge for almost 18 years. In his service life he devoted his life for Nation, establishing justice.
It looks that people rather becoming sensitive, they have taken the allegation of sexual harassment on him as a “Masala” news. People should have acted sensitively; they should have respected CJI Gogoi for his long time association in judiciary and contribution for Nation, but nothing like that happening in this matter.
Question Arises after the allegations on CJI Ranjan Gogoi
The allegations on CJI Ranjan Gogoi has raised question that, “why CJI Gogoi kept his desire suppressed for so many years and now at the age of 64, why will he do such shameless act that will ruin his respect and family life”?
This situation raises couple of more questions that;
- Whether a person should be seen as guilty just on mere allegations, who has been serving Nation for more than 18 years, from a prestigious position?
- Whether countrymen should not think in this way that, some power working against him and want to bring him down for their ulterior motive, especially when CJI Gogoi said that “some big force working behind it”?
- What If the allegations found false in further investigation or trial, will this restore the lost respect of person?
- Whether the law provides enough protection to accuse in false case, which causes accused man to undergo into mental trauma, agony, humiliation?
Supreme Court Observation on false case of Rape
In the matter of Raju and others Vs. State of Madhya Pradesh, (2008) 15 SCC 133 at Supreme Court, the bench observed the equal distress, humiliation and damage with the accuses in false cases and said as;
11. It cannot be lost sight of that rape causes the greatest distress and humiliation to the victim but at the same time a false allegation of rape can cause equal distress, humiliation and damage to the accused as well. The accused must also be protected against the possibility of false implication…Raju and others Vs. State of Madhya Pradesh, (2008) 15 SCC 133
CJI Ranjan Gogoi Career
In year 1978, he enrolled at bar, practiced at Guwahati High Court. Where he become Judge in year 2001, then he become Cheif Justice of Punjab and Haryana High Court in year 2011, and then in year 2012 he elevated as Supreme Court Judge.
In year 2012, former Chief Justice Sarosh Homi Kapadia, nominated CJI Gogoi for Judge at Supreme Court, and he was appointed as Judge at Supreme Court by 12th President of India Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil. Then he appointed as Chief Justice of india in Oct, 2018 by President of India Sri Ram Nath Kovind.